- Experienced staff: The SRMO is the first such local organization in Afghanistan – led by professional Afghans who have an extensive experience in working with and providing safety and security for human rights defenders, non-governmental and humanitarian agencies in Afghanistan.
- Local knowledge: The services are provided by Afghans – to Afghans, and by experienced international and local human rights defenders – to grass-roots human rights defenders: we have a better understanding of the local knowledge, security, culture, and the social, legal and political context in which HRDs and NGOs operate in Afghanistan and the risks and challenges they face
- Local language: The SRMO will provide safety advice services in local languages to ensure we reach out to the most vulnerable local activists working at the forefront of protection of human rights and providing services in remote areas.
- Wide reach to grassroots NGOs and HRDs: The SRMO’s Board Members are Directors or senior members of some of the biggest and reputable civil society, women’s rights and human rights networks in Afghanistan, which provides us with wider reach to local NGOs and activists across Afghanistan.
- International know-how: The SRMO’s co-founders have knowledge and experience of working with the international human rights instruments and mechanisms and the international HRDs protection organizations, the EU and UN mechanisms.
- Advocacy access to international policy makers: Having representatives internationally – the SRMO has better access to the international policy makers and donors, who are influential actors in human rights promotion and protection in Afghanistan.
Home / SRMO’s Added Value